2017-2018 SCRUFY Leadership Board
Rising 9th-12th Graders at Temple Sinai who are active in JR. SCRUFY or SCRUFY encouraged to apply to be on the SCRUFY Leadership Board. One general SCRUFY Leadership Board will meet once a month to vision the possibilities of engaging teens in SCRUFY and brainstorm and implement dynamic programming. At the beginning of the year every teen will sign up to be a chair or co-chair of different events i.e. Freshman Kidnap, an Israel night, the Dreaming of Summer Teen Lounge, the Camp Jenny Spaghetti Dinner, etc.
If you would like the opportunity to work alongside your friends and peers from Temple Sinai, to gain leadership experience and to be a part of helping strengthen the SCRUFY Community at Temple Sinai, the SCRUFY Leadership Board is for you. Additionally, you will gain valuable leadership, communication, and job skills that will benefit you throughout your life.
- Rising 9th-12th Grader at Temple Sinai
- Attended at least 3 JR. SCRUFY or at least 3 SCRUFY events during the 2016-2017 school year
- Attending monthly in-person meetings
- Attend a kick-off retreat in August and a mid-year retreat in January
- Chair or Co-Chair at least 2 events per semester
- Participate in at least 6 Teen Lounges and 6 Saturday Events.
- Be willing to meet with sub-committee members outside of monthly meetings when necessary
- Must be able to work as a team, be a good communicator, and be willing to put in time outside of meetings to work
- Be an active leader at all events
- Help expand our SCRUFY community by inviting other Sinai teens to participate in events (bring your friends)!
Due: Monday, April 17, 2017 by 5 PM
Grade during the 2017-2018 school year
Teen Cell Phone Number
Parent Cell Phone Number
Why do you want to be on the SCRUFY Leadership Board?
What experience will you bring to the SCRUFY Leadership Board?
What extracurricular activities (including clubs at school, sports, AP classes, jobs, etc.) will you be involved with during the 2017-2018 school year?
What ideas do you have for engaging and meaningful programs?
How has being involved in SCRUFY or JR. SCRUFY been a positive impact on your life?
Do Not Fill This Out